MY NAME IS ARIANA DEL RÍO (last name means OF THE RIVER in SPANISH). MY NAME IS TRULY ME! I AM A WOMAN and a WARRIOR; CALIFORNIA BORN; OF MEXICAN DESCENT; AND YET, I BELIEVE BORDERS SHOULDN’T DEFINE WHO WE ARE, NOR SERVE AS MOTIVATION TO SEPARATE US. I LOVE TO TRAVEL; I AM A TRAVELING QU-EEN.
SOY EDUCADA; CREATIVE; FUNNY; SPANISH SPEAKER; SPANGLISH SPEAKER; LEARNING FRENCH; IMMERSED IN ITALIANO ADESSO; STORY LOVER; WORD LOVER; CURLY BIG HAIR (YOU’LL SEE).
CURIOSITY IS WHAT MOTIVATES ME. MY HEART IS BIG ENOUGH AND MY MIND OPEN ENOUGH TO LIVE THE GREATEST ADVENTURES NOW AND FOR AS LONG I WALK THIS EARTH . . . I WANT TO SEE, TASTE, SMELL, TOUCH, BREATHE, AND LIVE A MORE FULFILLED LIFE BY TRAVELING EL MUNDO, LEARNING NEW LANGUAGES, AND EXPERIENCING TRUE GROWTH EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. . . & I AM NOT WAITING FOR THESE OPPORTUNITIES TO COME, BUT INSTEAD ACTIVELY SEEKING AND CREATING MY TIME…
Currently enjoying my home in Islas Baleares (6months and counting) on ISLA DE MALLORCA. It’s my 3rd year as a PROFE NATIVA of the English Language!!
CURIOUS WHERE ELSE I HAVE TRAVELED TO?
- I had been to MÉXICO a few times in my childhood, but it was Studying here in summer 2007 that lit a fire in me. I have been lucky to return several times throughout my twenties to be with family, friends, and even to travel Solo throughout the Yucatan Peninsula in 2015. I have posts on Mayan Ruins and exploring the states of Quintana Roo, Yucatán and Chiapas.
- ESPAÑA (SPAIN) was the first place I visited besides Mexico and Puerto Rico. In 2008 I lived abroad for 5 months in Madrid. . . no wonder I HAD TO RETURN. Now I’ve been living in Spain going on 3 years, working, exploring, growing and I am completely open to where this journey will take me.
- JAPAN in winter 2009 where my need to learn Nihongo was born. I’m going to return and spend some serious time getting to know this country that is so fascinating in late 2017.
- I visited COSTA RICA, PERÚ and IRELAND in my early twenties. These trips were life-changing, each in their own way, but I’m most proud that I was so impulsive to travel in those years. I made many financial sacrifices to make those trips a reality.
MORE RECENT TRIPS HAVE BEEN TO:
- ITALIA because that’s where you go to just LIVE IN THE MOMENT. . . every single moment is special.
- ISRAEL AND PALESTINE…a trip that changed me.
- ICELAND!!!!!!!!! I cannot express properly this country’s gifts. . . but I have started to do my best in the ICELAND SERIES so check them out!!
- ENGLAND, DENMARK and SWEDEN, where I felt all the Winter Feels. European cities are not all alike, there are so many subtleties that make each place special in its own right.
- FRANCE, GERMANY and MOROCCO (which you can read about in my #summerofAriana posts).
- PORTUGAL was the destination for 3 del Río Women last March. I took a road trip with my mom and sister throughout the country and FELL IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN, especially with the coastal and quaint towns.
- THE NETHERLANDS is somewhere I have much more traveling to do still, but its got one cool capital city.
I started this blog to share what I learned and loved about Ireland, but being a writer at heart and a Story-teller, I figured why not share more of what I have lived and learned on this beautiful Earth? So that’s my short story. My longer story unfolds in the blog posts my friends. MUCH LOVE from QU-EEN and if you are feeling called to spread some love, you can by clicking the cutest little coffee cup below!!
SAY HELLO, HOLA, CIAO, KONNICHIWA, BONJOUR…etc. I’d love to connect with you.